Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another beautiful day with lots to do.  Yesterday, my son Jeff came by and put up a new dusk-to-dawn light for me and changed the oil in my lawn tractor.  He is a wonderful son and a very busy one with 3 boys in sports and a working wife.  I admire his generation of husbands and fathers.  With most wives working in this day and age, the men, for the most part, seem to be more involved in the kids and the house.  Personally, I liked growing up in the fifties.  How about you?

Yesterday was dye day here.  I dyed three batches of greens, one of gold and one of Saltbox Red (One of my favorites from Vermont Folk Rugs dye book).  My nails look like I spent 8 hours working in the dirt.  I wear two layers of gloves and still get dye on my hands and around my nails.  Not very attractive, but when I see the result of my labors, it is definitely worth it.  Anyway, here is a pic of my labors. I'm hooking it in an 8.5.  What do you think the chances are that I will

I've noticed lately on Wool Snippits that there is talk about what everyone is hooking in regard to Christmas.  I have been working on a Notforgotten Farm pattern that I received as a gift last Christmas.  I just love Lori Brechlin's designs.  This particular one is A Merry Little Christmas.  What do you think the chances are that it will be done for this Christmas?  Miracles do happen you know.  Well gotta go.  I'm working on several kits right now and I MUST cut grass.  That's one good thing about winter, no grass cutting.

Oh, I almost forgot to send a birthday greeting to my dear friend, Diana.  We have been friends since we were both 4-years-old, a long,long time and that's all you are getting out of me.  Happy Birthday Di!!!

Take care everyone and enjoy the day.

Lonna

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be beautiful! I love the colors that you dyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gayle. I love seeing what comes out of the dye pot. I'll be posting today's wools on tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete