Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Visiting in Ohio

Good morning everyone.  I'm spending a few days with my sister (Patty) here in Ohio.  Her hubby is out of town working so I drove over yesterday to spend a few days with her.  I think we are going to be baking bread, hooking, eating, hooking,etc.  You get the picture right?

After I read Blackbird Designs a while back, I was telling Patty about the bread that Alma made.  She loves to cook and bake and of course she bought the book referenced in Blackbird Designs' blog and tried her hand at baking bread.  She said it was great, and I can't wait to taste some of her freshly baked bread.

Are you like me?  I think these January days are the longest and most dreary of the year.  We have had a lot of ice here in our area with a lot of out-of-control cars slipping and sliding all over the roads.  At least the days are slowly getting longer and that helps...just a bit.  Anyone doing something special to get through the dreary days of January?  I'm working on the bunny pattern, and I still have to bind the angel rug.  I have been looking over my new wool swatches from Heavens to Betsy and trying to decide what I can't live without.  They are so beautiful.  I love that she also puts wool pictures on her website.  It makes it so much easier when seeing a larger view of each wool. 

What about spring or Easter hooking?  Anyone working on anything special for Easter.  Please share if you are :)

Well, gotta go.  I think we are about to start our biga...our bread starter....Mmm!  I can smell it now!!!

Lonna

No comments:

Post a Comment