Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's done!

Here it is, my newest completed rug.  It is titled Watching over Us.  I will be adding it to the website today or tomorrow.  I must say I am very glad to have this one completed.  A lot of changes were made during the hooking, more than in any other rug I have designed.  I changed the poor chicken three times. Have any of you ever designed a rug?  I find it very time consuming.  I like what I design then I don't like it.  Even when it is finished I am still wondering what I could have done differently.  For me the face was the hardest part.  Overall, I am very pleased with it and have already started my next project - the prim rabbit mat.  I should have some pics soon.

Today is dreary and snowy and for me a comfort day.  I'm going to hook and maybe make something special for dinner...maybe homemade pizza.  Stay warm everyone and have a great weekend.

Lonna

2 comments:

  1. Lonna - Your rug is awesome! I especially like the way you juxtaposed the big angel and the little motifs below - the quilt on the line is great! I think you did a great job designing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rug turned out great girl. Love it.

    ReplyDelete