Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Are you as ready for spring as I am, and are any of you as bad as I am about finishing my projects?  Last I got working on that and finished a small hooked pillow for my bed.  It is from an older Need'l Love book.  In the book it is wool applique, but I wanted to hook mine, and now it's done as you can see above.  I also finished a hooked mat that was originally a punch needle design (I can't remember the designer's name right now) that I just fell in love with about two years ago.  Oh, it's been done for quite a while, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.  At first my plans were to make it into a pillow for my sofa.  Then I decided against that and went for a mat with tongues.  What do you think?  I love it a bunch.  It is the first time I have finished a hooked piece with tongues, so it was a learning experience, and I am quite pleased with it. I  still have two more hooked items that have to be finished, hopefully, in the near future.  Doesn't that bunny just scream SPRING? 

Yesterday I had a brunch for 13.  It was my son's 43rd birthday, so I thought it sounded like a fun idea to have all my children and grandchildren in for a birthday brunch.  We had a great time.  I got his baby book out and let his kids see how cute he was.  It was fun and I was exhausted when it was over.......

P.S.  The design for the mat above is Stone and Thread Needlepunch.

Have a great day everyone 
Lonna 

No comments:

Post a Comment